Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Ballydesmond mitts by Irish Girlie Knits using Malabrigo rios in teal feather. I am leading the KAL over the Malabrigo group for MalMarch.
- The Age of Brass and Steam by Orange Flower Yarn using malabrigo silky merino in the Atardecer colorway (blues and purples like a watercolor)
- Hitofude by Hiroko Fukatsu with Miss Babs Katahdin in Ivys (paid pattern, 200 yen, less than $2)
- Cawl Me by Allie Coffey in Cakewalk Yarns in the Peppermint Bark colorway (paid pattern, $4.50)
- Three Waters Farm Rambouillet in Birds in the Holly (December top of the month club)
- Rolags from BlueBarnFiber: bamboo, angelina, firestar in the Starry Night colorway
- RVA hat by Karen Troyer Ladman was a test knit. I’m used malabrigo merino worsted in pearl.
- Lambing Mitts by Veronika Jobe using malabrigo twist in green gray
- Brancusi mitts by NellKnits with Malabrigo Worsted in Blue Surf (paid pattern, $6)
- 2 Knit Lit Chicks swap project – details to come
- Slipped Ridge hat by Woolly Wormhead in Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Modern Fair Isle (paid pattern, $6)
- Three Waters Farm Finn in Bright Open Sky (blues, reds, wine, kind of a very light tan (almost looks natural), brown) (November top of the month club)
- Non-knitting adventures:
- dyed 2 skeins of yarn
Casting on soon!
- Reyna shawl using Savvy Skeins Comal sock in Midway
- Malabrigo Head Thingie by Anne Sahakian (free Ravelry download)
- Sock yarn from Spun Right Round – Superwash Sock 80/20 (2 skeins) and Snappy Socks
- Fiber from Rock and String Yarn on Etsy: BFL/Silk in Denim and Superwash BFL in Mine of the 7 Dwarves
- T-shirt from Haute Knit Yarn – “If I can’t take my yarn, I’m not going.”
- Phat Fiber box
- Yellow Rose Fiber Fiesta, April 15-16, 2016 in Seguin, Texas (Katie & Somer will be there April 16)
- Houston Fiber Fest, June 24-25, 2015 in Cypress, Texas (Katie will likely be there June 24; Somer & Darcy will likely be there June 25)
- Into the Wool Fiber Retreat, September 1-4, 2016 in Crossville, TN (Somer & Katie will be there)
- Texas Library Association conference – any listeners going to be there?
- Somer will be in Indianapolis in mid-May – suggestions for yarn shops or restaurants in the downtown area
In the Kitchen
- Blue Apron: Baked Eggs with Cheesy Garlic Bread
Reading & Watching
- Finished reading Night Study by Maria V. Snyder (part of the Study/Soulfinders series which began with Poison Study)
- Currently reading These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly – YA historical fiction with a mystery and a little romance
- I am listening to The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin
- Finished Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick
- Finished Beacon 23 by Hugh Howey
- Finished Endangered Species by Nevada Barr
- Gilmore Girls
- The Bridge of Spies
- The Magicians
If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can find us on Ravelry (links to profiles to the left) or email us at email@example.com.