Special thanks to Denise Hudson for the awesome theme music!
One Love by Susan B. Anderson using handspun Twist Fiber Studio in Clown College
Dragonflies Hat by Joji Locatelli using Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Baroque Violet
Batt from Uniquely Yours (Patchwork, lots of sparkle!)
Batt from KnitSpinFarm (Winter Rose)
- Reyna shawl by Noora Laivola using Savvy Skeins Comal sock in Midway
- Skelter by WoolyWormhead using Malabrigo rios in pocion
- Rae by Cassie Munksgard using Plucky Knitter Traveler Aran in Petal Pusher
- OMG Heel socks by Megan Williams using Nomadic Yarns Trusty Sock in Tinsel Tree
- Bon Bon Toque by Tin Can Knits using Madtosh Vintage in Manor
- Rock and String Creations “Mine of the Seven Dwarves” in Superwash BFL (will ply this was another braid of Rock and String Creations in “Denim”)
- Vanilla socks using Savvy Skeins in Jekyll and Hyde
- Lester – Houston Fiber Fest knitalong
Casting on soon!
- Mesh lace capelet in … pink
- Undead Yarn “Midnight Graveyard” on the Twilight base (fingering with sparkle)
- Wonderland Yarns “Messenger Kit” – 516 yards “Mad Hatter” sportweight, one larger skein of dark gray, 2 smaller skeins of lighter gray. Enough to make either the shawl, 2 hats, or a hat and pair of mitts
- Mimi Hand Dyed 100% Mink in “Flamenco”
- Comicpalooza, June 17-19, Houston George R. Brown Convention Center
- Houston Fiber Fest, June 24-25, 2015 in Cypress, Texas
- Into the Wool Fiber Retreat, September 1-4, 2016 in Crossville, TN (Somer & Katie will be there)
Summer Reading KAL
For full details see the Ravelry group, but here are the basics.
The Summer Reading KAL will run from June 1 – September 30.
Short story – projects 50-100 yards
Novel – projects 100-400 yards
Chunkster – projects 400+ yards
Boxed set – multiple projects that together equal at least 50 yards – perfect for sock yarn squares, hexipuffs, washcloths, bookmarks, etc.
Chatter thread – if you don’t want to bother with measuring yardage, just post in the chatter thread.
Cookbook club – we’ll vote on a cookbook/website each month and make/review recipes from it. This will likely be an ongoing thread after the KAL. Poll is up in the group to choose the first book/site and voting will be available through June 15 and we’ll cook from the winner through July. Voting for August’s selection will open in mid-July.
We’ll have prizes for, at the least, the chatter thread and each of the yardage threads. Specific prizes will be posted once we’ve decided. If you would like to donate a prize, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or PM someryarns, kayteebe, or slightlyfoxed on Ravelry.
In the Kitchen
- Happy news is that my ovens weren’t broken after all! Scary part is that a short in an outlet in the dining room seemed to be the culprit.
- Yellow cake with mocha buttercream frosting
- Dining in Indianapolis
Reading & Watching
- Reading Dune by Frank Herbert