Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Reyna shawl by Noora Laivola using Savvy Skeins Comal sock in Midway
- Rae by Cassie Munksgard using Plucky Knitter Traveler Aran in Petal Pusher
- Bon Bon Toque by Tin Can Knits using Madtosh Vintage in Manor
- Paddle Mitts by Tin Can Knits using Madtosh Dk Twist in Nassau Blue
- Highly Regarded Mitts using handspun from Twist Fiber Studio merino/bamboo in “Purple Agate”
- Sumner by Woolly Wormhead using Knit Picks Stroll in “Tree Fort”
- Rock and String Creations BFL/silk in “Denim” plied with Superwash BFL in “Mine of the Seven Dwarves”)
- OMG Heel socks by Megan Williams using Nomadic Yarns Trusty Sock in Tinsel Tree
- Sophisticated Traveler by Cassie Munksgard using Plucky Knitter traveler sport in magnet & steel and Sophisticate (50% Merino, 30% Mohair, 20% Silk) in Bedrock
- Yowza weigh it shawl #4 by Susan B. Anderson using Miss Babs Yowza in Beautiful Dreamer
- Gather by Tin Can Knits using Daizie Knits Dewy DK in Purple
- Harvest by Tincanknits using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Targhee Worsted in Hot Rod Red
- Inverness Diamond Mitts by Daniela Richardson using handspun from Brazen Stitchery in “Simply Irresistible”
- Wide Open Spaces by Sara Gresbach in Leading Men Fiber Arts Box Office in “Purple Rain”
- Thames Fingerless Gloves by Taiga Hilliard in Neon Unicorn Studios String of Pearl Sock in “Mellow Rainbow” (this is a new name for the shop – I believe it was MunchkinMama on Etsy before & the base itself appears to be discontinued
- Brazen Stitchery Merino/Bamboo/Nylon in “Cadbury Eggs for Breakfast”
Casting on soon!
- Dragonflies hat by Joji Locatelli using Madelinetosh tosh DK in tern.
- I’m pretty satisfied with my current projects right now, for once.
Other crafty pursuits
- Zoom loom clone
- Speckles from Plucky
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Sock of the Month skein from Neeley’s Knits
- Houston Fiber Fest, June 24-25, 2015 in Cypress, Texas. Katie will probably be there Friday. All 3 of us (and then some) will be there on Saturday.
- Into the Wool Fiber Retreat, September 1-4, 2016 in Crossville, TN (Somer & Katie will be there).
Summer Reading KAL
For full details see the Ravelry group, but here are the basics.
The Summer Reading KAL will run from June 1 – September 30.
- Short story – projects 50-100 yards
- Novel – projects 100-400 yards
- Chunkster – projects 400+ yards
- Boxed set – multiple projects that together equal at least 50 yards – perfect for sock yarn squares, hexipuffs, washcloths, bookmarks, etc.
- Chatter thread – if you don’t want to bother with measuring yardage, just post in the chatter thread.
- Cookbook club – The winning vote for June/July was smitten kitchen. Recipes from the website or the cookbook are fine. Voting for August’s selection will open in mid-July. Post recipe reviews and pictures of what you cook in the thread on the Ravelry group.
We’ll have prizes for, at the least, the chatter thread and each of the yardage threads. Specific prizes will be posted once we’ve decided. If you would like to donate a prize, you can email us at email@example.com or PM someryarns, kayteebe, or slightlyfoxed on Ravelry.
Prizes (this list will be updated as we get more prizes):
- Handspun by Somer – specific skein to be decided
In the Kitchen
- Down House – shrimp & grits
- Cheesy Cheeseless Scrambled Eggs with Burst Cherry Tomatoes and Garlic Bacon from Cravings by Chrissie Teigen
- Homemade ice cream
Reading & Watching
- Finished Heat & Light by Jennifer Haigh (adult fiction) – highly recommend any of her books if you like literary fiction
- Finished I Kissed a Rogue by Shana Galen (historical romance)
- Finished A School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin (YA fiction, sorta historical with a smidge of action and romance)
- Starting The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (YA fantasy, romance, and Russia)
- Finished The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (#2 in The Raven Cycle)
- Finished The Battle of the Sun by Jeanette Winterson
- Reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (#3 in The Raven Cycle)