In the interest of actually getting this published in a reasonable amount of time, no show notes this time. As always, feel free to contact us on Ravelry or at email@example.com if you have any questions about anything we talked about on the podcast!
We were really chatty in this episode, so it’s a bit longer than others. I don’t think this will be a trend, we just hadn’t hung out in a while.
Show notes are 2/3 complete. If you have any questions about Darcy’s projects, feel free to message her on Ravelry (details in the sidebar) or ask in this episode’s thread in the Kitchen Stitches group.
- OMG Heel socks by Megan Williams using Nomadic Yarns Trusty Sock in Tinsel Tree
- Sophisticated Traveler by Cassie Munksgard using Plucky Knitter traveler sport in magnet & steel and Sophisticate (50% Merino, 30% Mohair, 20% Silk) in Bedrock
- Yowza weigh it shawl #4 by Susan B. Anderson using Miss Babs Yowza in Beautiful Dreamer
- Gather by Tin Can Knits using Daizie Knits Dewy DK in Purple
- Wide Open Spaces by Sara Gresbach in Leading Men Fiber Arts Box Office in “Purple Rain”
- Inverness Diamond Mitts by Daniela Richardson using handspun from Brazen Stitchery in “Simply Irresistible”
- Rikke Hat by ___ in Undead Yarn Cemetery DK base in “Wild Rumpus”
- Skew socks by _____ in Undead Yarn Vamphyri base in “Children of the Corn…Flower”
- Mallard socks in Greenwood Fiber Arts Superwash Merino/nylon handspun spun by my mom
- Mori by Taiga Hilliard in Fat Cat Knits handspun in “Queen of Sheba”
- Thames Fingerless Gloves by Taiga Hilliard in Neon Unicorn Studios String of Pearl Sock in “Mellow Rainbow” (this is a new name for the shop – I believe it was MunchkinMama on Etsy before & the base itself appears to be discontinued)
- Brazen Stitchery merino/bamboo/nylon in Cadbury Eggs for Breakfast
- Kid Kat Farms merino/superwash merino/tussah silk
- April Snow by Knitterella (Jill Zielinski) using Plucky Knitter Snug fingering (70% merino, 20% cashmere, 10% alpaca) in Wanderlust, Plucky Knitter primo fingering in Pink Champagne on Ice, and Spun Right Round Snappy Sock in Shock Star
- Harvest by Tincanknits using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Targhee Worsted in Hot Rod Red
- Moab shawl by verybusymonkey in handspun merino from WC Mercantile
- Hermione’s Everyday socks with Gale’s Art watermelon sock blank
- Brazen Stitchery superwash merino in Hobbitses
Casting on soon!
- Riley Rose shawl by Jennifer Lassonde using Plucky Knitter bello fingering in medieval, high cotton, princess phone, and primo fingering in breakfast on 5th
- Barley hat by Tin Can Knits – using madtosh dk in tern (this was the yarn I started my Dragonflies hat with, but I am frogging that hat)
- Color Study by Karalee Harding using Daizie Knits Hardy (discontinued base) in Wicked Cool with SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock in Boysenberry
Other crafty pursuits
- Cross stitch – working on the Summer Sampler from a few years ago
- Sock blank from Gale’s Fiber Arts
- Elemental Fibers Visions of Fiber club – colorways based on NASA/JPL’s Visions of the Future poster series. The first was The Grand Tour on BFL/Slik (greens, purples, orange, reddish pink)
- Rebecca Ringquist’s Embroidery Workshops
- Cross stitch kit at Mesa Verde National Park – Rugs of the Southwest Series
- Ordered but yet to arrive – The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery National Parks Birthday Club
- Into the Wool Fiber Retreat, September 1-4, 2016 in Crossville, TN (Somer & Katie will be there).
- Possibly Stitches Texas
- Possibly Kid ‘n Ewe
Summer Reading KAL
For full details see the Ravelry group, but here are the basics.
The Summer Reading KAL will run from June 1 – September 30.
- Short story – projects 50-100 yards
- Novel – projects 100-400 yards
- Chunkster – projects 400+ yards
- Boxed set – multiple projects that together equal at least 50 yards – perfect for sock yarn squares, hexipuffs, washcloths, bookmarks, etc.
- Chatter thread – if you don’t want to bother with measuring yardage, just post in the chatter thread.
- Cookbook club – The winning vote for June/July was smitten kitchen. Recipes from the website or the cookbook are fine. Voting for August’s selection will open in mid-July. Post recipe reviews and pictures of what you cook in the thread on the Ravelry group.
We’ll have prizes for, at the least, the chatter thread and each of the yardage threads. Specific prizes will be posted once we’ve decided. If you would like to donate a prize, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or PM someryarns, kayteebe, or slightlyfoxed on Ravelry.
Prizes (this list will be updated as we get more prizes):
- Handspun by Somer – specific skein to be decided
- DPN/circular needle holder from Diana Couture
In the Kitchen
Reading & Watching
- Finished The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (YA fantasy, romance, and Russia)
- Finished The Earl Takes All by Lorraine Heath (historical romance)
- Finished Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (YA fantasy)
- Finished Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas (historical romance)
- Currently reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (classic)