I hope everyone had a nice, restful 3-day weekend, if you were lucky enough to have Monday off! I know I really enjoyed that extra day. I always feel like that extra day is just a little gift. And then I completely waste it. 😉
What I’ve Been Up To
We didn’t do a whole lot over the weekend, but we did get a hike in on Saturday at Brazos Bend State Park. I think we saw about 20 alligators.
We went out to eat a couple of times. We had lunch at Beck’s Prime on Sunday, which is good, but overpriced. Then, on our unanticipated kid-free night, we ate dinner at Great W’kana Cafe, which was delicious.
- Shur’tugal Socks – from Socktopus by Alice Yu. Yarn used:Wandering Wool Helvellyn Sock base in Royalty.
- Everdeen Beanie – from Weekend Hats by Cecily Glowik McDonald and Melissa LaBarre. Yarn used: Malabrigo Silky Merino in Amethyst.
- Earbud Pouch – pattern by Mary Keenan. Yarn used: Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock in Secret Recipe.
WIPs (Works in Progress)
- Sock yarn blanket – pattern by Shelly Kang
- Worsted Boxy – pattern by Joji Locatelli. Yarn used: Malabrigo Rios in unknown colorway.
- Shetland/silk sample from Porpoise Fur
- Merino, baby camel, silk & trilobal rolag from WillowFairyWool
- Coming soon: Schacht Ladybug!!!
Still working on the 12 Days of Christmas Sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. Almost done!
In the Kitchen
- Oatmeal Scotchies – From Sally’s Baking Addiction: Irresistible Cupcakes, Cookies, and Desserts for Your Sweet Tooth Fix by Sally McKenney
- Savory Pork Roast