Alas, no show notes for this episode. As always, feel free to contact us with any questions! All our contact info is located on the left side of the page.
- Dancing Poppies Mini Bolero using Three Irish Girls Springvale Worsted
- Gynx Yarn Masham in “Pumpkin Patch”
- Butterfly Girl hot pink/orange batt
- Elemental Fiber Works polwarth/silk in “Mars”
- Hemrick by Lynn Di Cristina using madtosh dk twist in cosmic silver
- Sunday Shawl by Alia Bland using Plucky Knitter primo worsted (crochet shawl)
- Vorfreude by Monie Ebner using Plucky Knitter primo sport using good jeans, avocado toast, red haven, and early light
- Whiz Bang Socks by Sara Shoo in Kimarie Yarn in “Bluebonnet”
- Starting Point MKAL by Joji Locatelli using:
- Undead Yarn Twilight in “Midnight Graveyard”
- Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock in “Brick”
- Haute Knit Yarn Superwash Merino Sock in “Night Owl”
- Madelinetosh Twist Light in “Paper”
- Knit Picks Stroll dyed using “Spruce” and “Turquoise”
- Giant Granny Square blanket
- Riley Rose by Jennifer Lassonde using Stunning String Studio in Gouda, Westminster Blue, & Wild Blue Yonder
- Mince Pie Mayhem socks by Alice Yu from Socktopus using A Riot of Color tweed in “Spring Meadow”
- Herbivore by Stephen West using Hedgehog Fibers Sock in “Pod”
- Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery National Parks
Casting on Soon
- Gryer by Isabell Kraemer — Plucky Knitter yakpaca in a gray gradient and then a second one in Gritty Knits merinosaurus worsted in a blue to gray gradient
- Early Winter by Laura Aylor using Round Table Yarn in Tristan (100% merino sport). Using 2 shades of purple and a medium gray.
- Trying to find another shawl to crochet – possible choices are the Virus Shawl or Lost in Time Shawl by Johanna Lindahl
- Haul from HFF — too much to talk about
- Round Table – Yarn for an Early Winter by Laura Aylor
- Gritty Knits – mystery yarn in merinosaurus worsted – use for a Gryer
- Open Skies Yarn – Summer Skies colorway
- Haul from HFF — too much to talk about
- Diana Couture owlet bag in Stranger Things fabric
- Barn Owl Fibers gradient sock cake in “Avocado”
- Heavenly Fibers targhee braid
- Vice Yarns Paradigm Shift
- Independence Farmstead Fibers “Spring Lamb” Green Tea (green tea with lemongrass and mint)
- Muddy Soap
- Wrist ruler
- Madelinetosh Vintage in “Wonka Wash”
- Elemental Fiber Works in “Trappist 1-e”
- The Card Catalog: Books, Cards, and Literary Treasures
- Brazen Stitchery sock blank – Harmony Sock – kitty faces!!!
- Kid Kat Ranch – purple and teal
- My Heart’s Creation Donagal DK
- Heavenly Fiber Stardust Sock in Firepit
- Diana Couture Yarn Owl bag in purple gargoyles fabric
- KC’s Pockets To Go in lavender unicorn fabric
- Needle-felted eyeballs from Wild Dahlia
- 20+ stitch markers from swap
- Stitches Texas
In the Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sliders
- Martha and Marley Spoon Steak & Potatoes with Green Bean Vinaigrette
Reading & Watching
- Read Addicted to the Duke by Bronwen Evans. Historical romance that is set at sea and involves opium addiction.
- Finished The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye. This is historical fantasy set in Imperial Russia. This is the sequel to The Crown’s Game , where two enchanters (magicians) must fight to the death to become the royal enchanter.
- Read The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein. This is sort of a prequel to Code Name Verity. Julie is a teenager (15 or so), and comes home a few days early for summer break without telling anyone. She wanders off from the estate and mysteriously ends up in the hospital injured. YA historical fiction set before WWII, where Code Name verity is set in WWII.
- Midnight Jewel by Richelle Mead and is #2 in The Glittering Court series. The series is about three very different girls and their journey to the school and finding husbands and the mysteries of their backgrounds. I didn’t like the first book very much (gave it one star! – see my review here), so I gambled on reading this one.
- I was feeling the need for some vampires, so I read The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper. It is part romance, mystery, and suspense. Kind of a fluffy romance with a super alpha vampire and a fluffy heroine who runs a concierge service for vampires.
- Sophisticated Traveler by Cassie Munksgard using Plucky Knitter sophisticate in Elixir and Traveler sport in Lady Violet
- Three Waters Farm BFL “Early Blooming”
- Om shawl by Andrea Mowry using Plucky Knitter snug worsted in wanderlust, social graces, melba, and gilded age
- OMG Heel socks by Megan Williams using Unwind Yarn Company Jaunt sock blank – blues, purples, green and Plucky Knitter feet in Outta my Hair for heels/cuffs
- Hidden Falls wrap by The Plucky Knitter. I am using Plucky Knitter primo Aran in lonesome highway, Athos, green goddess, skies of November, and on the rocks.
- Elemental Fiber Works Polwarth/Mohair/Silk in “Venus”
Casting on Soon
- Virus Shawl by Julia Marquardt using Yarn Carnival in “Shark Week
- Feyre shawl by Shannon Cook using Plucky Knitter scholar in wanderlust and small batch 21.
- Find your fade by Andrea a Mowry using plucky knitter primo fingering and bello in blues, yellows, and greens and speckles.
- Voolenvine yarn
- Ancient Arts Fibre Crafts Fingering/Sock Yarn in “Tuxedo Cat”
- Elemental Fiberworks February Club – Polwarth/Mohair/Merino in “Titan”
Reading & Watching
WIPs and FOs
Because this episode is a little different than our regular format, I don’t have good show notes to post. If you have any questions about any of the projects we talked about, feel free to ask in the comments or in the episode thread in our Ravelry group.
We talked about a lot of different vendors from the Yellow Rose Fiber Fiesta in this episode. To the best of my memory, these are the ones we mentioned. Again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I’m terrible at keeping New Year’s Resolutions (who isn’t?). I am still trying to consistently post show notes, but sometimes the only way to get an episode published is to just get it up there!
My recording schedule has been a bit wonky lately, and I think I’m going to have to officially change things up. While I like recording in the mornings, it’s not really working with my schedule anymore. Stay tuned!
And now…show notes!
I visited Park Avenue Yarns in League City on Sunday for a meet-up with some local knitters. Local to Houston. None of us live near this LYS, but it was so worth the trip! Park Avenue Yarns is a lovely store with everything you could want! I was like a kid in a candy store! I was mostly good, though, and only bought one treat. The other things I bought were either necessities (some stitch holders and Eucalan) or something I have been wanting to buy but have been unable to find at other yarn stores (bare yarn and dye!). If you are ever in the Houston area and want to go on a yarny adventure, I highly recommend making the trek to Park Avenue Yarns!
Olympic Forest Baby Blanket – This isn’t blocked yet, but I’ll do that today.
Bag from Little Skein in the Big Wool (image from shop listing)
Vice Brazen DK in the Park Avenue Yarns Colorway
Kitty Mine Crafts Stellar Top (Merino/Mulberry Silk/Stellina) in King Tut (image from shop listing)
Twist Fiber Studio Superfine Merino in Clown College
In the Kitchen Glazed Lemon Loaf from Sally’s Baking Addiction cookbook
Chili – Slightly modified from this Two Alarm Chili recipe
What I’m Reading